Hear from Ben Carrington, the Programme Director of the European CNS Summit
The increasing prevalence of dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders represents the greatest threat to public healthcare over the coming decades. Despite the level of investment in this space, the arsenal of effective therapies remains bare. However, significant progress is being made in both pre-clinical and clinical research to translate advances in the understanding of disease etiology and pathogenesis into the discovery and development of potent therapeutics.
The European CNS Summit 2016 is your chance to challenge traditional thinking to reinvigorate drug discovery and development across multiple neurodegenerative disorders.
Following the highly successful World CNS Summit: Targeting Neurodegenerative Diseases, this meeting will once again bring together the brightest minds in the field to:
- Advance translational biomarker discovery from target engagement to disease progression
- Harness innovation in novel therapeutic strategies targeting neurodegeneration to progress disease modifying therapies
- Enhance patient identification and stratification to inform translational research programmes and improve the success of clinical studies
- De-risk later phase clinical trials through the correct utilisation of target engagement studies
- Redefine the use of pre-clinical models of neurodegeneration to enhance their application in translational research